Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Next Up : Oliver Twist

Title: Oliver Twist
Author: Charles Dickens
Published: 1838

Bauer recommends the Modern Library edition (New York; Random House 2001), and Chris was able to find it at our local bookstore. The illustrations are a nice touch, but the print is small. We'll see how I do. 

I'm excited about this one. I've never read it, but I know the basic storyline. I've also seen the musical numerous times, both the movie and on stage, so it'll be interesting to see how closely they line up.

2 comments:

Rob said...

Is Oliver Twist the only Dickens on the Bauer list?

Also, does the list come in a reading order?

Raina said...

The list is in order of publishing date. It's already worked out, because in this book, the word 'quixotic' was used, and I understood the reference.

This is the only Dickens. She wrote that if we like a book, we should seek out other works by that author.