Thursday, September 22, 2011

Breaktime

I'm taking a hopefully short break in my progress through the lists in Bauer's book while I do some other reading. A friend recently had his book published, so I'm working my way through that.

It's called The Bible in World History: Putting Scripture into a Global Context, by Stephen Leston.  It puts together secular and biblical history together into one timeline, showing how all history fits together. He includes info gained from archeologists, historians, and biblical scholars.

I love this type of thing! It's so interesting to me to connect what God was doing in one part of the world with what He was doing in others at the same time in order to reach a specific conclusion. It's more of an overview than a deep study of a specific time, which makes sense since the book includes thousands of years of history. I'm really enjoying it.

No comments: